Thursday, January 26, 2006

Canadian Money Saver Magazine

I'm looking forward to picking up a Canadian Money Saver print subscription next month (I would do this now but all my discretionary spend is exhausted for January). I visited their site today primarily to solicit for single shares of Enbridge and Emera* on thier DRIP forums, only to discover these were restricted to members only. After my short period of (involuntary) irritation had lapsed I had a chance to review sample articles and topics. The material appears genuinely well-written, fresh and certainly relevent.

On a related note, I cashed in 90 Air Miles last October for a subscription to MoneySense and ended up pursing an escalation with them this month as I haven't received a thing to date. After a painfully stereotypical explanation on a call this week (... there were computer problems when the order was originally placed ...) I was assured that the supplier would respond with my first issue within a few weeks.

*If anyone has a single share they could sell me please send a comment to this post with your contact - I won't publish it. Thanks.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Stephan said...

A good resource is also

http://dripinvesting.org/drips.htm

the community section has a canadian specific drip board and there is heavy Canadian traffic on the share exchange board as well. I have bought or traded quite a few shares here. Many more drippers than on the moneysaver board.

Also under the articles section you can find many of the articles by Robert Gibb that have appeared in Moneysaver.

PS. I have EMA but I only have a 2 share certificate at the moment. I need to split into singles before I trade/sell.

1/29/2006 1:50 AM  
Blogger Humble Investor said...

Thanks Stephan,

I actually just discovered the dripinvesting.org site last week and have very thankfully arranged to purchase a single BCE from a member of the share exchange board. You're absolutely right - there is quite a wealth of information for a newcomer in their 'articles' section.

Please keep me in mind if you split your EMA :)

1/29/2006 8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although dripinvesting.org is the best place to buy/exchange shares, the Canadian MoneySaver is a great resource. I am a member of the online version (which lets me see all the older versions as well). Well worth the yearly subscription.

1/29/2006 10:50 PM  
Blogger Humble Investor said...

Thanks for the feedback - I look forward to picking up a subscription next month.

1/30/2006 8:45 PM  
Anonymous CC said...

Good tip on using Air Miles to get MoneySense magazine. I think I will subscribe.

2/01/2006 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

--------------------------
Disclaimer: These articles are for information only, and are not to be construed as financial advice, legal advice, or a solicitation to buy or sell securities.