Sunday, January 15, 2006

Goals and More Goals - 2006 Continued

I did want want to break down my 2006 goals in a little more detail. I am planning the following savings per month:



The first half of the year will be woeful for savings. From January - May I will be paying down the balance of some uuuggly consumer debt- something we will touch on in more detail once we review January at the end of the month. Come the end of June I will also max out my EI and CPP contributions. August looks high due to my annual bonus.

You will note (and I am painfully aware) that this plan shows ~20K in savings while my goal for 2006 was clearly stated as $10K in contributions to my non-registered account. The other 10K will be spent on/used towards:
  • New home needs new furniture - though I would be much more excited about investing this money, I am told it is culturally normative to have some of this.
  • Both my brothers are getting married this year. One lives across the country, one lives across the Atlantic. What gives, eh?
  • Though its hard to imagine presently, I'm sure the dog days of Southern Ontario summer will drive even me to get an air conditioner come July.
  • 2006 marks my 10 year wedding anniversary.
My RRSP contribution of $5K will be based on monthly contributions (from source) of $389 as well as a chunk of my anticipated bonus.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! you are the planner that the rest of us cool kids make fun of! seriously tho, very impressive. none of my goals are ever this well-laid out. I just tend to pick a direction or attack, and off I go :)

Rick

1/18/2006 12:15 PM  
Blogger Humble Investor said...

Hmm once upon a time I too was a cool kid until I stumbled across my first version of MS Money. It's been all downhill since :)

1/18/2006 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

--------------------------
Disclaimer: These articles are for information only, and are not to be construed as financial advice, legal advice, or a solicitation to buy or sell securities.