Friday, January 13, 2006

Goals and More Goals - 2006

My goal for 2006 is to invest $10,000 in my non-registered account and $5,000 in my RRSP. As I have no current investments at all, I am going to focus on contributions this year (as opposed to rates of return).

My RRSP contributions will be made through my employer-matching program, where they add 2.5% of my salary to my 3% contribution. Not bad.

My non-registered equity contribution will likely equate to 3 actual orders this year as I don't want to pay more than 1% in commisions. Where the stocks I am looking for are on their pre-screened list, I will use a Canadian ShareOwner account, and otherwise I will trade through TD Waterhouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

--------------------------
Disclaimer: These articles are for information only, and are not to be construed as financial advice, legal advice, or a solicitation to buy or sell securities.