Saturday, February 25, 2006

Canada Post, My New (Old) Friend

I'm at a point quite reminiscent of childhood, where I'm rushing (if only mentally) to the mailbox everyday on the way home from work, eagerly turning the key, and peering inside the dark metal bin (we are using a super box) . After years of mail = bills or junk, and a shift to more electronic communication, once again I find myself much more interested in(snail) mail than I have been for some time.

Right now I'm waiting for:
  • One more year-end tax form;
  • A transfer form ("Assignment & Irrevocable Power of Attorney - Securities") for a single share of TransCanada Corp. (TSX:TRP) so I can start taking advantage of their Dividend Reinvestment Plan;
  • A certificate number for BCE after having mailing in my transfer form a couple weeks ago,
  • My PC Financial MasterCard;
  • My first set of PC Financial cheques; and,
  • My first copy of MoneySense magazine, having ordered a subscription by redeeming Air Miles.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Average Joe said...

I definitely know what you mean!

Being a dripper myself, I am always checking my (super) mailbox as well.

I recently transferred 2 shares to my 2-year old daughter (in-trust): BNS and ENB. So I was patiently waiting for the paperwork to make its way back to my house.

2/26/2006 12:23 PM  
Blogger Humble Investor said...

Hey Average Joe,

What do you drip? (note the cultish excitement, though we don't know each other) I'm searching high and low for a single Fortis and/or Enbridge if you would be willing to sell. Feel free to contact me at frugalfocus@sympatico.ca.

p.s. I like your site - I've added it to my own (small) blog roll.

Take care.

2/26/2006 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

--------------------------
Disclaimer: These articles are for information only, and are not to be construed as financial advice, legal advice, or a solicitation to buy or sell securities.